Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What is a Poet Laureate?

    In case you didn't know, a poet laureate is a poet with a substantial background in poetry. They are appointed by a government to write poetry for occasions. They also may visit schools, help implement programs and give readings of their work, in order to bring poetry to their communities. They are essentially ambassadors for the literary art form known as poetry.

   As Fairfield 's first poet laureate, I will do all these things and more. I will also write an original poem for the city of Fairfield and document my historical reign. Feel free to leave a brief comment here on my blog or send an email to juanitamartinpoet@yahoo.com 

If you have ideas about poetry events, programs, or other poetry related venues, I would love to hear about them.

1 comment:

  1. Nice layout, good beginning with definition of poet laureate. Good idea to post plans. Good events planned

    ReplyDelete